One of the important matric which determines the Mobile App success is user acquisition. A next important matric is a large number of active users without which high download rates don’t yield any high business value. Almost all the large and small brands spend a large amount on acquiring users, but the actual journey for successful business yield starts with engaging and retaining the users.
Mobile engagement and users retention are two important metrics for the success of any business mobile app. On the other hand, low app engagement and user retention lead to the failure of the app and the opposite of its high retention leads to the success of the app.
What is App Engagement: App Engagement is a process to describe the number of active users on the application. It’s a measurement of how much people downloaded your app actually use it how often and how long, and to what depth. It does not matter what metrics and static are used- like daily visits, transactions, etc- all of these require that the user should be active after the initial app download. Localytics describes that highly engaged users are those who participate in 11 or more app sessions a month.
What is App Retention: App retention is a subjective term. It denotes the percentage of an app’s users who return to the app within three months of their last session with the app. Mobile app users retention defined in simple words is that how many times users return to the app, and it should be at least 1x within 30 days period. Depending on the nature of the app every brand will have an individual definition of app engagement as retention.
The combined metrics of both the App engagement and App retention determines the app’s “stickiness”- it describes how much loyal app users are engaged for a particular app. Most of the enterprises are concerned with user conversions and/or monetization as their most important objectives and keep users engaged with the app and its repeat usage.
Problems Associated with App Engagement and Users Retention
One of the most difficult tasks faced by enterprises with a mobile app is its engagement and user retention. As per the Statista research report, only 32 percent of app users will return to the app 11 times or more after downloading it. More than 25 percent of users abandon the app after using it for only one time. Most of the top mobile app development Companies USA call +1(408)-372-0967 do not support a competitive market where the app users have a lot of choices available to them.
The loyalty of app users increases app retention and engagement. The below-mentioned strategies are effective in lowering the app churn rate to a minimum and provide an opportunity to enterprises to achieve their desired results and ROI they expect from their investment in the mobile app development and its launch costs.
Important Methods For Increasing Mobile App Engagement and User Retention
1. Simple and Dynamic Onboarding: With an efficient onboarding process you can increase Mobile app engagement and user retention. In general, all apps don’t have a simple and dynamic onboarding process. The app onboarding process should not only be simple but intuitive also. More difficult the onboarding process more chances are that users will abandon the app. By adopting the following simple ways you can make your apps onboarding process more dynamic, simple and intuitive
1. Reduce the steps involved in creating an account or sign up. There should be multiple options available in the app for users to create an account or sign up like login through Facebook or Google.
2. Users should be educated on apps important features and functionalities, but users should not be overloaded.
3. Teach users through action to reveal the primary gestures and their experience with the use of the app.
2. Make your app more personalized through Push Notifications: The research outcome on app experiences has shown that users who experience some degree of personalized brand interaction are more likely to return to an app 11 or more sessions. Make app interaction with users a major feature of the app.
Try to make interaction very simple as sending a push notification welcoming users or providing information about using the app. Apps with more success rate use this type of interaction to shape the customer journey through the app. For example, providing all relevant details about the retailer deals based on geolocation and usage patterns is useful in extending the app usage session. By engaging the users through interaction is a great way to re-engage the dropout app users.
3. Efficient use of In-App Messages: With efficient use of In-App messages user retention can be increased from 61 percent to 75 percent and major brands use this app messages route to communicate with the users. In-app messages are those notifications that don’t require immediate action but are very important for the app users. These messages can include warnings about the app issues, payment failure, or any recent app version upgrades. But before sending the messages to keep in mind that not every single message you send will be relevant to every single user. Through segmenting your audience you get the ability to send information to the users which is valuable to them. For achieving this goal some apps leverage devices capabilities such as locations to target specific users with specially tailored messages, including all the real-time updates and the links to provide them with personalized content.
4. Provide Offer and incentivization Programme to users: In case your business model allows you to offer your users a reward or loyalty program, and it is important for you to capitalize on this opportunity. By providing incentivization programs you can make your app users more loyal and make them feel significant and important to a brand. The QSR apps that use in-app purchasing as a monetization model, will reap benefit from time-sensitive discounts whereas freemium apps can incentivize users with usage-based rewards instead of monetary discounts.
5. Two-Way communication should be Encouraged: Almost every consumer wants to build relationships with brands, more specifically, they want to feel valued and appreciated for their app loyalty. By opening a line for two-way communication you can make this happen. You cannot know about your app users’ needs if you don’t receive their feedback. Theses messages help app gather feedback from users, solve customers’ problems, and improve product functionality over a time period. Further, you get added benefits of receiving users’ problems information and their negative reviews if any through the two way communication and let you take corrective methods to solve it and make your users stick to the app and build a strong relationship with them. By showing responsiveness and addressing any questions or concerns will boost your app engagement and retention rates, encourage positive reviews and pave a way for long term loyalty with your brand.
Ganesha Web tech Soltuzionz is a leading app development company in the USA call +1(408)-372-0967 developing apps for Android and iOS platforms along with website development. Our team of professional app and web developers have expertise in developing websites and applications for mobile platforms. We develop apps and web software solutions with the latest technologies for diversified business fields like Car rentals, Music streaming apps. If you have an idea for your start-up business or your running business and want to get started soon with a mobile app and website development, you can contact us and we will be in touch with you and discuss in detail your project and suggest you the suitable solutions. We have a long list of satisfied clients with our high-quality work.