Expense on hardware acquisition, provisioning and maintenance, as well on software licensing, installation and support is eliminated.
Benefit of SaaS in school Management
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a model of software distribution in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the internet. It is one of the three main categories of cloud computing, others being infrastructure as service (IaaS) and platform as service (PaaS). With SaaS need of installing and running applications on their own computers or in their own data centres is removed. Expense on hardware acquisition, provisioning and maintenance, as well on software licensing, installation and support is eliminated. There are various types of SAAS software solutions such as Email Marketing software, Accounting Software, CRM software, HR software and many more.
Like any other organisations where SaaS provides solutions it also plays a important role in providing solutions for educational institutions by giving specific on demand solutions in school management. SaaS solutions allows virtual academic process management cloud to various different areas in education activities, allowing school administration to focus on providing good education to students and also in management of various school activities. There are many Saas educational modules are available in the market and one developed by Ganesha WebTech Solutionz is named Education Management Systems (EMS). This school management system provides solutions to various school management aspects incorporating all the latest techniques and developments in education field in schools.
Here are the few benefits of Saas in School Management:
- Cost benefits: In case of normal software application a large sum is required to acquire it. But Saas run on a pay as you go model where the payments are made either in monthly, quarterly or yearly basis or pay as per the number of students etc. This proves very cheaper as Saas is made customized for your institutes needs and here you pay for what you use, thus allowing value for money. Further there is no need of incurring expenses on software upgrade and hardware maintenance as required in conventional software applications. All in all Saas provides transparent and flexible investment and budgeting strategy.
- Provides easy accessibility: Since Saas application and data generated is stored in cloud this makes accessibility very easy on any platform connected to the internet. Moreover it drastically reduces the risk which is involved in the conventional software like infrastructural failure and data loss.
- No worry of Updates: As Saas is provided by vendor any change, update, bug fixes and any upgrade in performances is the responsibility of the vendor. Thus any expense on in house team to run and update software is eliminated.
- Omnipresent learning: As SaaS is cloud based platform, institutions can involve cloud based curriculum making it possible for students to learn where ever as long as they are connected to internet.
- Management and Communication is increased: Saas helps in combining efforts of schools and vendors to give a best fit solution for management and communication. Also some Saas solutions help in managing student information, institution payroll systems and communication platform between institute’s beneficiaries.