Every individual love restaurant food and love for food can never end. But owing to COVID-19 crisis all the restaurant are closed. Individuals movement outside their residence is not permitted due to lockdown and to maintain social distancing. The only option available to get the tasty food delivered right at the doorsteps is through the use of food delivery apps. Many food delivery apps like Grub Hub, Post mates, Zomato etc are in great demand these days. These apps have made the life of foodies much easier as they have no longer wait for a long time to satisfy their taste buds.
The online delivery solutions have become very popularly with the younger generation and among millennial too. Many business owners who are in the field of food business have started making their own food delivery apps.
Creating a users friendly food app requires a lot of market research, getting a detailed analysis of customers behavior, dealing with requests, and co-ordination among delivery partners.
Since I am managing the app development business, I have analyzed in great details the various aspects connected with the development of Food Delivery app. Now I have come up with a complete guide on how to create a food delivery app that is most acceptable in the market by consumers and come up to their expectations.
Hire Dedicated App Developers
Book Your App Developer in $15/hour
Complete Guide to On-Demand Food delivery App Development:
- Evaluate the app development Idea: The first step in food delivery app development is the evaluation of the app idea and analyses all the major points about the idea. You have to question yourself why you want to develop the app, for whom you are making this app, what will be the user’s approach, and what is your target audience. Along with this analysis, you should also have full researching about your competitors in this field and how will you take on their challenge and compete in the market against them. For doing an evaluation of your idea the best way is to consult Best App Development Company in USA call+1(408)372-0967.
- Require Complete Market Research: Market research is a crucial stage in app development as this will give you an overall idea of how well your app will work, instead, will it work or not. The main purpose of this is to gather information about your competitors in the market. This information may relate to their target audience, what are the features they are providing to their target audience, and market demand for the app and how you can get the customer’s attention where your they lack. Your food order app should be users friendly otherwise customers won’t use it and delete it. Before developing your own food delivery app study all the pros and cons of competitors apps in the market. After this use the best minds in app development and then make the best one.
- Evaluate the Business Model:In this stage, you should be clear in your attitude towards app development. One main point to evaluate is the development cost. Have a complete estimation of the cost and you are going to monetize your model? Generally, three types of users can use your app:-
- Customers who are going to order the food through your app
- Restaurant owners who will list their restaurants for the promotion and delivery of food items.
- Delivery partner to accept the orders directly from the customers and delivering them their food ordered. They will receive the customer location and name of the restaurant from where they will pick the food for delivery.
Follow with the Trend: All the big food delivery apps have one thing in common, that is, they follow the same pattern, and this is the reason why they compete in the market. Their approach is futuristic and they are always working for future developments which help them to gain the attention of the customers from every sphere.
The best way to stay in competition in this industry is to watch the activities of your competitors, especially which new features they introduce to grab the customers. To grow in this industry, one has to follow the latest technological trends. The below mentioned technological trends are in followed by all the big guns of the market in the field of food delivery app.
Use of Artificial Intelligence: The popular trend in mobile app development these days is AI(Artificial Intelligence). With the use of AI in your food delivery app you can add multiple features like
- Speech Recognition technology can be implemented to aid the customers to order food with a simple talk.
- Use of Chatbot Technology to help users learn more about menu items, restaurants, and delivery option.
- You can add the Machine learning platform to make predictions by analyzing the received information. These can be used for offering advice on menu items, creating offers for customers, etc.
* A feature like accepting mobile payments: Most of the food delivery apps use in-app payment options as the whole world is moving towards digital payment instead of cash payment
* Push Notifications: Push notifications are the best way to remain in touch with your customers as you can inform them about the delivery time, other menu options available, about promo campaign and discounts and customers always appreciate this.
- Other Key Features of an ON Demand Food Delivery Mobile App;While developing your food delivery mobile app so can keep the delivery system as easy as possible so that your customers can place their order without any hassle. You should be one up in features that your other competitors provide to the customers and make your app more popular.
Instead of creating one version of your app, you can create three versions of your app- One for your customers, other for the restaurants and third one for your delivery partners so that in case there is a failure in one version your customers can use the other two alternative options without any difficulty, instead of changing their mind to order through your app.
- Customer Version: Here in this version your customer can log in your app through using his Facebook, Instagram, Twitter login. This makes the registration process fast as users are saved from going through the lengthy login procedures. Further, your app should not force your customer to make compulsory signup; instead, encourage and give them a chance to explore your app and only sign up when they desire to place an order.
The user after signing up start searching for the various restaurants which are nearby, search for menus offered, prices and offers. The search features of your app should be very well-curated and you should assist your app developer in this regard when building an app.
The payment gateway of your app should offer users various payment options like cash on delivery, payment through card or online wallets.
After the customers get their order delivered, your app should ask customers how they experienced by ordering through your app. This will help you to build a connection with your customers.
Through your apps customer version, you can ask them to share their order whereabouts and share this on social media. Your app should also allow you to see customers order history, send push notifications for future orders or offers and also the delivery time estimates to your customers for the current order.
B Courier Version/Delivery Partners Version: The fundamental feature that your courier version food delivery app should have is to make delivery partner sign-up and a password-based recovery option in case they fail to remember current one. There should be an option for the delivery partners to accept or decline order received. In case they accept the order, their location can be noticed by a customer as well as a restaurant. The delivery partner should be able to access the order delivery place and customer address in case they accept the order. The app should also have the stage of order like Accepted, Picked up and Delivered with geo location of a delivery agent provided to customers so that they can predict the time when their order will be delivered.
Restaurant Version of App; This version is very essential version of the app among the three versions. Through this restaurant owner will have to make access to list the restaurant on the app. This will help in managing the orders, accepting or rejecting customer’s requests, setting menus, and the prices of the food items.
How much it costs to develop an on-demand food delivery app
One of the crucial factors in food delivery app development is the cost involved in developing it. Some apps may be funded but some apps are bootstrapped. Depending upon the features which you want to include in your app determines the app development cost. The following are the main constituents on which the cost of app development depends:
- Developing the three versions of the app
- Payment gateway
- Geo-location tracking feature
- Restaurant listing
- Account editing
- Payment to delivery partners
So if you want to create an app like the popular ones presently available in the market, its costing will be as under:
Approximately $5500 for the back end, and $ 14500 for the front end. About $ 6000 extra for features what the restaurant owner need for managing the information of restaurant, handling of orders of customers and other necessary basic needs.
if you desire to develop a food delivery mobile app like Ubereats, Postman, and Grubhub you have to follow the above procedures one by one and I hope that you will not regret. However, for developing such app you have to hire an app development company as they have vast experience and exposure in app development and taking their services are also cost-effective. You can contact a Custom Mobile App Development Company USA Call +1(408)372-0967 for this purpose.