Top 5 Android Frameworks for App Development in 2021
Android operating systems are free, adaptable, and in a month comes with 1.5 billion downloads. Looking at the present scenario it is the best OS for developing customized applications. In 2022, it is assumed to see market growth of above 87%. With their expansion, they have ruled over the smartphone market share. Now, it has its eyes on PCs, tablets, cars, smartwatches, set-top boxes, smart home appliances, etc.
Because of which it is extremely customizable and has a large global community forum with the help of which developers generate Android applications. With the growth, it commenced as a myriad of Android development tools that hinder the selection of the android framework that is necessary for application development. All you need to do is hire dedicated Android developers in India. So, check which one is the best android platform for application development in 2021 and the future.
List of Best Android Frameworks for App Development
- Ionic Android Framework
Release Date: 2013
License type: MIT
Deployment Opportunities: Mobile, Web, Desktop, PWA
UI Elements: Standards-based and rich UI components
MVC Architecture: AngularJS
Development Interface: Simple CLI
User base: 5M+ developers
- Its rich framework has components, signs, software tools, and animations to produce high-quality mobile and desktop applications through a codebase.
- Best for developers to create interactive and hybrid apps.
- Features like Bluetooth, fingerprint authentication, and fitness kits are available that are easily accessible.
- Hosts, a Command Line Interface (CLI) to generate apps.
- Employs Cordova plugins that assist developers to access different elements like camera, location, etc.
- Used by fast-developing businesses, travel bureaus, eateries, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Flutter Android Framework
The new sheriff in the town has made its name for Google Ads. Like Iconic framework is an open-source mobile UI SDK framework. It is built by Google for app building in a diverse approach. It is a multi-purpose development platform that operates on Android and iOS frameworks.
Launch date: May 2017
License: BSD License
Languages: C, Dart, C++
Deployment alternatives: Web, Desktop, PWA, Mobile
UI elements: Rich UI, widgets for Design and Cupertino
MVC Architecture: Skia
Development Interface: Powerful CLI tools
User base: 30% of developers
Native API Access: Device API
- Employed by firms like Google, Alibaba, Tencent, CapitalOne, and eBay to generate mobile applications.
- Uses the same codebase to compile local codes by utilizing Skia i.e. Google’s 2D rendering engine which produces visuals.
- The best alternative for developing hybrid applications.
- Super easy platform used by developers to experiment, do UI, and functionality inspections without recognizing bugs.
- Continuously tests apps without restarting.
- There’s a screen editor, fast construction, fast rendering, and themes available for Android and iOS users.
- React Native Android Framework
React Native is ranked as the 8th most admired platform for application development. It’s is the fastest-expanding open-source platform with 68,690 stars present on Github. Developers use React to build apps for iOS and Android users.
Release Date: 2015
License: Open Source, MIT license
Deployment Options: Mobile, Web, UWP
UI Elements: Native Widget
MVC Architecture: Flux and Redux
Development Interface: React Native CLI
User base: 42% of software developers
- Developed by Facebook for mobile app development.
- It comes with a sophisticated user interface that assists developers with reduced costs and time.
- Used by many firms like Instagram, Facebook, Tesla, Bloomberg, Walmart, Uber, Yahoo, etc.
- Solves vital problems like Codebase differences, compelling programming, code reusability, and technological errors.
- Uses native platform and APIs that add a new look to apps.
- Used to develop apps through Objective C and Java.
- JQuery Mobile Android Framework
Query Mobile is an HTML5-based cross-application development platform available for developers to create applications. It operates with the rule of writing less and doing more. This states that when users compose code once, then they can execute it on any platform.
Release Date: October 2010
License: Dual-licensed i.e. MIT and GPL
Deployment alternatives: Mobile, Web
UI Elements: Touch-friendly inputs and UI widgets
MVC Architecture: ASP.NET
Development interface: Corporate scheme, Widgets
User base: Usage and market share
Native API Access: JQuery and JQuery UI
- It works on the rule “write once, execute anywhere”.
- Includes plugins like image slider, pop-up box, content slider, and user-friendly web pages.
- ThemeRoller feature comes with a drag and drop function.
- A compatible platform for Worklight, PhoneGap, and mobile applications that promote a community base.
- Used by 1146 organizations like Accenture, Bukalapak, Yext, Qlik, Cyta, etc.
- Native Android Framework
Native Android framework is like every other mobile development application. SDK presents developers including API libraries and developer tools needed to develop, examine, and debug apps for Android users.
Release Date: October 2009
Deployment opportunities: Mobile
UI Elements: Beautiful and intuitive native UIs
MVC Architecture: Android development MVC
Development Interface: CLI and Jetpacks
User base: 5.9M developers
Native API Access: Java APIs framework
- A rich framework is available for developers to develop apps and games for Android mobiles.
- Used by companies like Google, Instacart, and Slack.
- Native Android development platform is one of the popular frameworks around the world.
- Platform to develop, examine, and debug apps.
- Used by game developers to reach out around 2.5 billion Android devices in a month.
Application development frameworks are widely used by Android users. Every application has a separate requirement list and the choice of the framework also differs from user to user. With Ganesha Webtech Solutionz which is one of the best mobile application development company in India, you can have a digital experience. Use their services to create a lasting impression on the target audience. For that, the year 2021 is the right time to explore these development frameworks for the advancement of cross-platforms.